Collect Your Judgement


If you receive a judgment and the other person does not appeal it or voluntarily pay the amount, you may choose to have the judgment enforced. First, you must have the judgment transcribed to District Court by filing an Affidavit of Identification of the judgment debtor with the Court Administrator. The judgment is good for ten years from the date of original Conciliation Court judgment.

After transcribing to District Court, a Writ of Execution can be issued by the Court which empowers the County Sheriff to collect the debtor's property until the judgment is satisfied. The execution is delivered to the Sheriff's Office with a specific list of property or bank accounts which belong to the judgment debtor.

Order for Disclosure

If you are unable to find out what collectible assets the debtor has, you may ask the Court Administrator to issue an Order for Disclosure. This requires the debtor to reveal all nonexempt property and financial information to you within ten days.

To issue an Order for Disclosure, the judgment has to be transcribed for a minimum of 30 days before the request, the judgment must not have been satisfied and there must have been no payment agreement entered into between the parties.

If the debtor fails to respond to the Order, you may request the Court Administrator to issue an Order to Show Cause.